What Is CEREC®?
CEREC® stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. CEREC® crowns are used as part of a same-day procedure that enables the patient to have a same-day solution for dental crown needs.
Benefits to using CEREC® includes:
- This is a same-day procedure instead of the long wait time often associated with waiting on a new crown.
- The appearance of the crown tends to look more natural and resemble the surrounding teeth more closely.
- The strength of a CEREC® crown has shown to be both sturdy and resist abrasion over time.
4 Easy Steps
The CEREC® procedure is completed in 4 steps:
- By using an intraoral scanner, a digital impression is made of the affected tooth.
- Based on that scan, a 3D model of the tooth is created of the patient’s tooth.
- A new ceramic restoration is milled from a ceramic block on an in-office milling machine.
- The polished ceramic crown is inserted and bonded into place with little or no bite adjustment needed.