Leading-Edge Laser Dentistry from Charlotte’s Dr. Shah-Khan
Imagine dentistry performed in a minimal amount of time – safely, non-invasively, and comfortably. Dr. Shah-Khan uses a laser to prepare teeth for fillings, perform biopsies, administer non-surgical gum disease treatment, and complete other hard- and soft-tissue dental procedures.
In the case of filling preparation, the laser replaces the dental drill and eliminates the noise, pressure, and vibration that so many patients find uncomfortable. It’s great for patients who dislike the drill and want a more pleasant way to improve the health and appearance of their smiles.
Non-Surgical Gum Disease Treatment
Dr. Shah-Khan effectively and efficiently alleviates the symptoms of gum disease by non-invasively targeting infected tissue to promote healthy gum growth. By using a laser instead of a scalpel, the doctor can minimize your time in the dental chair and maximize your comfort. We take a proactive approach to gum disease and work to stop it in its tracks. Gum (periodontal) disease is major cause of adult tooth loss and has been linked to debilitating overall health conditions, including stroke, heart disease, osteoporosis, and dementia. Dr. Shah-Khan’s concern about your wellbeing means that he’ll work with you one on one to develop a gum disease treatment plan that renews oral health and protects overall wellness.
Benefits of Drill-Less Dentistry
Laser dentistry can provide you with a wealth of benefits, including:
- Shortened treatment time and faster healing than with traditional methods of dental surgery
- Infection control because the laser seals and sterilizes the tissue being worked on
- Minimal bleeding
- Often no need for stitches
- A safe alternative for patients of all ages
- Increased precision, as the doctor can focus the laser on a specific area with little or no impact to surrounding tissue
- You may not even need anesthesia during your laser dentistry procedure
Call us today at (704) 365-4142 to schedule your appointment or consultation with Dr. Shah-Khan. Serving Charlotte and surrounding areas, Dr. Shah-Khan will help you smile with confidence!